What do you prepare for right now?
I want to rest a little, and then I will start heavy training again, especially in deadlift. I don’t want to use gear, so I will continue training without it. My next goal is 441 kg deadlift RAW. Many ask me when I am going to beat Andy Bolton’s record. I find this funny. I would be happy to meat him in a competition without gear in a bodyweight class of 140 kg. But I don’t think that Andy will agree to this. Some people can get a lot out of gear, but others – not much. It would be much more simple is everybody competed without gear. Many are tired of all these mega records set in gear. The real strength is not in extracting maximum out of gear. This is my opinion about it.
1. Light squat for a warm up.
2. Deadlift. I do a different variant every time I train: rack pulls – 7, 11, 15, 20, 23 cm from the knees (higher than that I never pull). I do either a set of 3 reps or 8-10 depending on how I feel.
3. Bench press. I consider bench press as rest between heavy work. I bench either with touch and go with a medium grip, or with a close grip pausing at the bottom. I might do a single set of 10 reps with touch and go, or might max out pausing at the bottom. It all depends on how I feel and my mood.
4. 2nd deadlift. I pull either from a floor or from a deficit (about 9 cm). I do a single set of 2-3 reps pausing at the bottom. Then if I have enough energy, I might do another set of 6-8 reps.
5. Box squat. Heavy box squat as described above.